Made By Midnight

Made By Midnight is a work in progress. You will find an ever growing collection of artisan made jewelry and gifts. Wire work, beautiful glass, quality Swarovski crystals, and semiprecious stones abound in handmade items that are sure to please a myriad of pallets, from timid and classic to bold and trendy. Treat yourself to one of a kind creations, or show a special someone in your life how much you care with a thoughtful gift they're sure to treasure.

Please bookmark this page (or use the "follow this blog" option on the right) and visit often!

**Please also notice that I offer limited graphics designs as well!!**

Questions? Ready to order? Please see my Etsy shop or email all inquiries to: madebymidnight@yahoo.com


Monday, September 28, 2009

Ahhhh, quiet. :)



Isn't it astonishing that just a few moments of silence can uplift a mood so dramatically? Had to make an unexpected trip to town, had things that needed to be done when I got home, got the kids from school (noise noise noise LOL) and worked on younger son's homework with him for 3 1/2 freakin' hours, have done laundry, worked on a custom graphics package, and kiddos are finally asleep... on the couches of course but at least they're being quiet! Gotta love that "winding down" time. :D It's not been altogether hectic today but a steady pace of "busy", just enough to be frustrating, but ahhhhhh that quiet time-- gotta love it.

I've been trading as part of the Trade A Holics team on Etsy and have made some FABULOUS trades! I've received in trade for my graphics services some great beads, earrings, some awesome little fabric bags that I'll use for shipping jewelry items and gift giving for the holidays, a couple stocking stuffers, and a few of my trading partners have even been so generous to include a few little extra goodies in my packages too! I've received some awesomely encouraging and uplifting feedback to my shop for the graphics I did for my trade partners, and even had a small sale over the weekend. Life is good at Etsy these days. BTW, my shop is HERE in case you'd like to take a peek. :)

AGAIN this year, I'm stumped as to what to do about family gifts for the upcoming holidays. The kids are usually "no brainers" as they never cease to tell me all through the year what they would like for Christmas, it's the grown ups and nieces and nephews I'm stumped over. Due to the continuing financial crunch, It'll have to be another handmade holiday this year and I'd like to get started on things asap, I just have to figure out what direction I'd like to take this year. I did jewelry last year and probably will do a few small items again, but also I'm considering doing handmade soaps... hey, everyone uses soap, right? LOL Maybe a small gift basket with a wash cloth, hand towel, appropriate soap dish, and a few handmade soaps to round it all out. Inexpensive, yet useful. Maybe some "floatie" soaps for the younger ones, and elegantly scented soaps for the adults... yeah, that's what I think I'll do.

Enough rambling and thinking out loud for now... the dryer just stopped. Argh. LOL

No comments: